Keeping an accurate, up-to-date endpoint inventory allows you, your department, and the IT Security Office to collaborate and quickly respond to security incidents.
- Register endpoints with your department’s inventory system. An inventory system should include the following things:
- What is the purpose of the endpoint?
- What software is the endpoint running?
- Where is the endpoint located?
- Who is responsible for maintaining the endpoint?
- Phone number
- Update the inventory system annually.
If you have questions that are not covered in this procedure, please contact the Virginia Tech IT Security Office at email@example.com for a consultation.